Commsworld offers simple virtual machine services on its own KVM-based virtualisation platform. When coupled with other services, such as VPLS and Ethernet based connectivity - Commsworld can remotely host a server VM which appears to be on a customer's LAN.
- No need to physically touch the host to set up new VMs (hosts can be remote in a highly resilient datacentre)
- Commworld Fluency on-net customers can get full bandwidth for their VMs
- Fully managed 'Infrastructure as a service'
- Customer has full administrative control
- VMs can appear on the client LAN for ease of migration
- VMs can be moved with no downtime, therefore maintenance can be carried out on hosts without impacting service
- Legacy operating systems / applications can be migrated to VMs, mitigating the risk of old unsupported hardware failing
- Effectively unlimited storage capacity
- Can integrate with a Fluency WAN solution, with Cloud Firewall, VPN
- Can be Internet-facing (or have multiple interfaces for LAN/WAN etc.)