UC Desk/Field Support Engineer
JOB TITLE: UC Desk/Field Support Engineer
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Unified Communications
OFFICE BASE: Glasgow / Edinburgh
SALARY: Dependent on experience
UC Support Engineer is responsible for desk and field support resolving customer issues with their Unified Communications solutions and applications related to Mitel, 8x8 and Teams or other designated voice, video and data applications. As a successful candidate you will work within the Unified Comms support team, providing Tier 1/2 support to our client base.
As a minimum you may be called upon to undertake all or some of these activities as required.
- Provide re-active and pro-active support for Unified Communications products.
- Monitor system faults, identify customer issues and propose solutions to mitigate problems, incident management (raising on behalf of users, providing support, solution etc.)
- Provide 1st & 2nd level support to our customers and partners.
- Provide timely and effective resolution to support requests based on internal and external Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- There may be a requirement for the post holder to participate in a regular on all rota.
Knowledge / Skills / Background / Qualifications
- Feel comfortable and confident while providing the highest level of customer experience in a fast-paced work environment.
- Are well organised and possess good technical knowledge.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to feel comfortable when discussing all areas of IT with different levels of seniority and converse clearly with all levels of IT competent users.
- Enjoy working in continuously growing company with advancement opportunities.
- Are self-starters with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training.
- Are able and willing to obtain and maintain identified industry certifications for designated technology
- A full UK Driving License
Required technical skills:
- Working experience of Voice over IP solutions and good understanding of Unified Communication concepts (signalling, and real time protocols)
- Good to excellent understanding of the IT and Telecommunications market
- Troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to management and understand client expectations to resolve issues that may affect system stability.
- 8x8 Support certified.
- Mitel MiVoice Business Experience
- Commsworld Hosted voice experience
Nice to have:
- Mitel certified in MiVoice Business, Contact center, Micollab & Mitel Border Gateway
- 8x8 Deployment Certified