Field Support Technician
The Field Support Technicianrole is responsible for providing on-site support and delivering project work for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience of field engineering within a Managed Service Provider, a desire to learn new technologies and the ability to build key internal and external relationships. Must be professional and well presented in front of our clients.
- Providing technical support related to Network hardware, systems and software faults to a range of the company’s clients, both on site and remotely when required.
- Taking ownership of users’ issues and identifying appropriate solutions to resolve service incidents and requests
- Working closely with the support team to provide support, ensuring assigned calls are responded to, diagnosed and resolved swiftly
- Equipment deployment and configuration as part of Professional Services projects
- Carrying out Site Surveys for pre-sales and onboarding of clients
- Performing WiFi heat map surveys
- Providing remote hands services as a 3rdparty to ECS enterprise customers
- Creating standard documentation on problem resolution, fixes and updating the technical knowledge base
- Assisting on the ECS Helpdesk as required
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Communicate with clients through email, written proposal and company telecoms.
- Understand processes in ticketing system by completing assigned training materials
- Enter all work as activities or service tickets in ticketing system in a timely fashion
- Travel by company vehicle to remote sites – Driving license required
Key Skills – Field Support Technician
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience in deskside support or other user support functions
- In-depth hands on “problem solving” expertise in desktop hardware, operating systems and software packages
- A good working knowledge of a wide variety of IT hardware e.g. desktops, laptops, tablets and other peripheral devices.
- A good understanding of structured cabling, networks and Wi-Fi connectivity e.g. routers, switches and Wireless Access Points (WAP)
- Exposure to software defined networking such as Cisco Meraki or similar beneficial – though training will be given
- To provide support for smartphones, iPads, iPhones
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- DHCP setup and administration
- DNS fundamental knowledge
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- You will ideally hold or be working towards an MCSE, MCITP or Cisco Networking qualification
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
Salary expectation is £18-23k
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.