ECS Systems and Cloud Technician
This role is responsible for the management of ECS core systems, pre-sales, development and deployment of customer cloud strategy and custom solutions. The role also requires provision of an escalation point for the helpdesk for 3rd line queries relating to systems and cloud solutions.
- Maintenance, management and ongoing service improvements to ECS core systems
- Assist with pre-sales, assisting sales team by engaging with clients to ascertain future IT strategy
- Deployment and integration of complex solutions
- Migration of clients from traditional IT into cloud technologies
- Plan and manage onboarding of new clients into the company
- Research and Development of new solutions suited to clients of ECS and the wider group
- Providing 3rd line support both remotely and on site when required
- Taking ownership of users’ issues and identifying appropriate solutions to resolve service incidents and requests
- Providing users with regular communication on the progress of investigations and planned solutions utilising ticketing system for communication both internally and externally
- Creating standard documentation on newly deployed solutions, problem resolution, fixes and updating the technical knowledge base
- Keep up to date on new technology trends
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Communicate with clients through email, written proposal and company telecoms.
- Understand processes in ticketing system by completing assigned training materials
- Enter all work as activities or service tickets in ticketing system as they occur
- Travel by company vehicle to remote sites will be required from time to time so driving licence is required (6 or less penalty points)
Key Skills – Systems and Cloud Technician
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Microsoft 365 and Office 365 Deployment and Administration
- Microsoft Azure deployment, migration and administration
- Microsoft Exchange deployment, migration and administration
- Microsoft Windows Server, extensive experience up to 2019 server
- Active Directory / Exchange: Add/Remove Changes
- Device Management, RMM tool - deployment and Management
- 2FA Administration
- IT Glue Administration and Development
- In-depth hands on “problem solving” expertise in desktop hardware, operating systems and software packages
- Server Backup Configuration and Management
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- You will ideally hold or be working towards an MCSE, MCITP or Cisco Networking qualification
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.